Makes 1 10-inch tart
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (any crème filled chocolate sandwich cookie will do, finely ground in a food processor)
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Place the cookie crumbs and melted butter into a medium mixing bowl. Using a spoon combine the mixture until it is the consistency of moist sand.
- Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom and sides of a greased 10-inch false bottom tart pan. Place the tart pan on a sheet pan with sides and chill in the refrigerator until needed.
Filling (Peanut Butter Layer):
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons (1 ounce) cream cheese
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cream cheese, corn syrup, vanilla, and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- On low speed, add the confectioners’ sugar and blend until light and fluffy. Using an offset spatula, spread filling evenly over the bottom of the chilled crumb crust.
- Place the tart back into the refrigerator to set.
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the heavy cream, sugar, and corn syrup in a heavy medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in chocolate chips.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes and pour evenly over the peanut butter filling.
- Chill the tart for 2-3 hours or until the chocolate layer has firmed up.
- Remove from the tart pan and place onto a serving platter.